The creator of Orkut.com [Orkut Buyukkokten] had introduced New Social Media Network Called HELLO
A Turkish engineer, Mr. Buyukkokten had unveiled Orkut in 2004 as part of an independent project while working at Google.
A decade later, the Internet giant shut down the social networking service, which, at its peak, had gathered more than 300 million users worldwide. Facebook, which was also founded in 2004, is now the leading social network in the world with more than two billion monthly active users.
“I see Orkut.com as a start of a wonderful journey. Social networks have evolved over time…I see ‘Hello’ as a continuation of this journey,” said Mr. Buyukkokten
Last year Buyukkokten launched a beta version of Hello. And so far there have been nearly 50,000 installs of the app. And according to play store, the new hello app would be compatible with all the devices running on Android 4.4 and above.
Orkut Buyukkokten, founder maker creator of social media firm Orkut in early 2000s before it was started by Facebook, Hello is designed on “love” as opposed to “likes”.
Orkut Buyukkokten Says – “Hello is the first social network built on loves, not likes.
- Hello to help you connect with people who share your passions.
- Discover content you care about.
- Connect with people who shares your intrest.
- Be yourself and have fun.
- Express what your”e passionate about.
- planning to unveil a new social media network ‘Hello’ in India in the next two months.
HOW TO USE HELLO ?
- This is Available for iOS and Android devices users.
- sigining up process – one of the first steps you’ll need to do is
select five “personas” that you have an interest in,
such as photographer, Burner, animal lover, actor, clubber, foodie, geek, parent, skier, traveler, or vampire.
- When you are done with selecting limited to five, Hello gives you an option of swapping out ones you no longer are passionate about.
Think about these personas as communities you want to belong to.
- You can select the language to use Hello in either English, French, or Portuguese.
Things you need to know How it is use ?
When you update a post something to the app,
you have to assign that content to at least one of the five personas you follow .it is similar to Facebook’s News Feed-explore what other people have posted in any persona.
- visual application in that text-based posts are not permitted.
- video posting doesn’t appear to be supported right now.
Buyukkokten said that focusing around common interests is what Orkut was all about and can help bring people together as “a vision that changes how the world does social.”- Hello making social connections not through friends and networking, but more from an interest-based social network, something that mirrors Pinterest.he said in his blog, that it will allow users to share videos, essentially short 10-15 second clips, soon. These will be like Snapchat’s “snaps”.
Hello presently available in the U.S., Canada, France, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Brazil. although Brazil was one of the biggest markets for Orkut in 2008.Buyukkokten and his team intend to launch in Germany, India, and Mexico later this month.
‘Hello’ App: Features
- Similar to FaceBook
- there is a option of joining groups and communities
- All these communities you join would be public domain and anyone who update their common interest can join in this hello
- More than 100 interest personas that you can follow.
To download this app click on the link – HELLO
for more Interesting Tollywood , Bollywood, Hollywood Movie Updates & Latest News..